Today’s Topic: 10 things that you pretend don’t irritate you but do.
Ok, so this is not a good Yenny topic. I have a face that gives away my displeasure before I even know I’m annoyed. I worked on it a lot while working Customer Service at CompUSA and when I had to answer the same 5 IT questions at Strat@comm. Though if you knew me, you knew the signs of Yenny irritation. Poker was not a game made for me.
So instead I will make a list of things that irritate me and I can’t do anything about because I’m Yenny and the rest of the world isn’t:
1) Glass half empty attitude. Just be happy and things will go well. If they don't, you're happy.
2) Tardiness. I blame my dad for this. As a kid, when I said I had to wake up at 6, I would get woken up at 5:45. So now, I'm stuck in that habit, if you're on time, you're late. It was a tough time in Baton Rouge, when time was a good suggestion and not a set concept.
3) Driving slow in the left lane. It’s one of the few things that is magical about NJ. Everyone understand the rule.
4) Being mean. Why?
5) Not trying. Things don't happen if you don't work on it.
6) Asking a question and not listening to the answer. Don't ask if you don't care. I will listen to you talk, I'm better about you talking all the time than you not caring about my answer.
7) Not doing your job. If you don't like your job get another one. Don't make the people around you miserable. If you're staying, do it.
8) Committing to something and not doing it. Just say no if you don't want to do something. My feelings will be hurt more by you not showing up or canceling on me last minute.
9) Humidity. I love living in the DC area, but the summers are something else.
10) Just being a suck on humanity. Stop thinking the world owes you, help the world.
Well that was a happy list right? Since it's Saturday, I will leave you with this happy state: