Well there is a veritable buffet of fears on offer….
- General economic freefall
- Rio Olympics in flames
- President Trump <shiver>
- The two lesser Kardashians living beyond their means and marrying poorly
- JJ Abrams abandoning the Star Trek franchise just when I started liking it
- Having to see any more of singer John Legends wife on the television (what is the point of her?)
- The amount of typos the WSJ app is currently publishing
- My dogs love life and recent weight gain
- Bob Barker coming back from the dead [and looking exactly the same]
- The current production rate of circus peanuts in the universe (Just. Stop.)
- Accidentally witnessing eye surgery on TV while channel surfing
- Anderson Cooper coming out straight (his mother would be so upset)
- People ever adopting the new letter at the end of the Center for Disease Control […and Prevention]
- If JK Rowling is going to screw up the HP series with this next book (written for STAGE???)
- Contracting a disease that will NOT cause me to lose weight on my way to the grave ("she’s sick and getting bigger")
- The anxiety of watching Yenny try new Oreo flavor after new Oreo flavor, in hopes that it will ever be as good as the goddamn original flavor [wtf?]
- Admitting that I don’t know 90% of the lyrics to Prince’s Purple Rain album and now he’s dead
- Angora Bunnies
- Being attacked violently by birds
- What David Cameron is going to come October
…. so there is a lot out there to consider. But I guess what I’m worried about most right now is that I have selected a summer vacation to take my son on where it’s basically a trifecta of his largest fears wrapped up in nuclear heat and humidity - in an area with a rich history of being the target of natural disasters and infrastructure failure. So that.
This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!