As a kid, museum visits and historical tours were never really that much fun or something I was interested in doing. But in the last few years I've gone searching for a lot more of them. I want to do the silly tourist-y things that people pay thousands of dollars to come here to do do that I can do for almost nothing 30 minutes away.
In the past few years, I've gone on the double decker bus tours of DC, visited the American History Museum, the Air and Space Museum, American Indian Museum, Ft. McHenry, Spy Museum, and many others.
Summer hasn't even started yet and I've already got a list started:
- The National Building Museum has two two exhibits I want to see: Designing for Disaster and The BIG Maze.
- Washington Duck Tours
- National Zoo visit he new panda, Boa Boa
- National Aquarium in Baltimore
- Hoping there is a 2014 Maryland Ice Cream Trail. I found out about the 2013 one too late in August to make accomplish it without looking like a crazy person
- Nighttime Segway tour of DC
- Go see the renovated Washington Monument
- World War II Memorial (at night)
I'm sure there are a ton of others that I've forgotten, but if you have any ideas or want to come let me know. Otherwise I'll be at the pool that I finally applied to be a member of.