So, two days ago, I asked for people to start talking around the office.
The universe is laughing at me.
Today was a lot like being at an all day assembly in 7th grade.Chatty group gaggles looking for a water cooler. Open gleeful yelling. People having group speaker conference calls from my office to an office 400 ft away. And conversation topics ranging from:
- "Does so-and-so hate me?"
- "Should I buy this shoe?"
- "Don's a turn-coat. Don't trust him with gossip."
- "Subway sandwich meats are made from 3rd world dogs not ham."
- "Don just came by and told me so-and-so hates what's her name. Is that true?"
- "Someone needs to use the bathroom on another floor... for christs sake."
- "Did you smell dufus's lunch? That sh*t smelled dead. Well, you know what I mean."
- "I have a vein in my head. Right here. It hurts me sometimes. Well, mainly when I'm here at the office."
- "Can I try your skateboard - or do you not share?"
Yeah. Today has been very different. I like different. People stopped caring if other people were mad at them and then just tried to be inane to each other - thus giving them a reason to dislike each other. It's more fun when it's on purpose.
We are a family again. Just in time for the weekend. Where we will spend days apart and come back on Monday not talking to each other, again.
Casey came by and gave me a gift. That she made.
I suspect that she was left alone too long and had a lot of office supplies too near her person.
Look at this though. People with real honest to god mental disorders make shit like this. I like how she cut strips of the yellow folder and stacked them to gain some sort of density on the ... what is it?... the fan's support stick. I am absolutely in love with this brave disturbed object.
And at the same time I feel such a sense of sadness for the pathetic nature of the item. A sadness fan? Is that what this is? Even better is the creature taped to it. I believe she must have once been at a Burger King drive through in the late 90's. That is when the movie Ferngully was out. Qua? Isn't that where this creepy creature is from?
While playing with this "creation" on a conference call today I noted that the evil being actually lights up if you reach around it's back and push a soft spot between it's shoulderblades. I was momentarily horrified. Demon-ish yellow eyes peered out at me. I put it down and went back to the safety of corporate discussion.
Have a good weekend. I'm done for the day.