contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us. We will do our very best to get back to you within 24 hours. Unless you are a robot. Then we will not be getting back to you. Because robots are evil.


Crofton, MD, 21114

A long-running personal blog shared by two authors with completely different approaches to life. And a lot of large, beautiful photographs of dogs and nature and places we've traveled to. Rich in commentary and irreverant in style. 


We started blogging a long time ago. Our work hours never aligned with recommended psychotherapists and we needed to get our thoughts out. We are great friends, total opposites and long-time housemates. This was a way to communicate. With each other. With strangers. With consumer marketers. With sub-par meteorologists. With distant friends who wanted to see pictures of stuff we were up to.

This is the place. Our bucket of thoughts to share. You are welcome. 
(We realize that most of you are here for the dog pictures.)

A Real Weekend..sort of.


I have worked weekends for the last 6 or 7 years.  It’s a good excuse to get out of things I don't really want to do and I could always take a vacation day to do the things I really had to do.  Lately though, it was harder and harder to take weekends off because of our reduced staff at work, so I was kind of hesitant about what I was going to do yesterday because I was super excited to go the Rally for Sanity and/or Fear.  I’m not usually a rally person, but this seemed like a lot of fun and I love watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. I also had signed up to give blood at the Washington Capitals blood drive. So, I figured it was just going to be a long 24+ hour day and I'd just sleep on Sunday when I got off at 6AM before heading back to work at 5PM. As luck would have it, I didn't have to do that.  I started a new schedule last week where I was off Fridays and Saturdays. It’s a strange thing to get used to but good timing.

My day off started with me leaving the house at 6:30AM to go give blood in Arlington.  Finished about 8:30 and headed into the city.  Parked at L'Enfant Plaza and walked over to the Rally.  Had enough time to explore a little, get some fun free stuff, and head to our Special Guest Entrance.

Had tons of fun at the Rally, but I think it had a lot to do with the fact I was in the "Special Guest" section.  It was pretty crazy in there, but from reports, nothing as crazy as the rest of the crowd.  We got there about 9:30 and stood there till 3:01PM.  It was a good show and a good message, "Listen and be reasonable." 

So this is what people do on weekends.  Guess I have been missing out on a lot.  I better find something good to do next weekend too because I get an extra hour.  It's a lot of pressure and stress finding cool things to be a part of, it was a lot easier just working.